'Like Father Like Son' at Cork Film Festival
- Hear the Block Radio Show from Spin Southwest on Digital Sole who are archiving it for download or streaming. Fela Kuti, Madlib, John Holt and Jill Scott are just some of the names on the playlists. Also available to hear over there is the excellent Code's Chillax show and Dan Sykes Saturday night Dance show.
- See "Like Father, Like Son" at the Cork Film Festival on thursday 18th October at 11 in the morning and again that night in the Triskel. This short from Celene Natasha Murphy is a clever look at society's preconceptions through a child's view. Also at the festival on Wednesday the 17th, ex cheebah DJ Ciara Nic Chormaic is involved with a documentary on Cork Docks 'Na Duganna'. Meanwhile Ken O Shea's documentary on Sir Henrys has three showings. All of them have sold out. Shows the huge amount of Sweat nostalgia out there. Hopefully the audience will be happy with the talking heads format he employs, unfortunately little original inside Henrys footage is used. Sean O Neill, Jim Comet, Greg 'n' Shane, Mike Pickering and Mucca all speak.
- Taste the french toast in the wild onion and you are hooked. However a wealth of other lore about the place abounds and Val's Kitchen has captured the real flavour of it. If the Wild Onion reminds you of trips to the Market on a Saturday then Bock colours in the rest of the journey with an entertaining story of a Saturday well spent in the city. If you can't wait for the weekend, you can seek out good organic produce over at Ollie's place.
- Smell the talc as the Munster Soul Collective returns to Daffys on Saturday 10th November, downstairs. There are three DJ's from the Dublin Northern Soul club 'Sleepless Nights' coming over to spin some tunes as well as Franco and Martin Goggin from Cork. Upstairs will then see some modern and crossover soul.
- Feel the bass- Roots Factory arrives in the Underground this Friday night with JC and Cubeman. Should be really special.